What is a taster course?
Taster courses are offered by FAU in conjunction with the FAU INTEGRA project. The aim of the courses is to integrate refugees into a degree programme at FAU.
Taster courses are open to refugees only and are not regular degree programmes. Participants do not gain any qualifications and the courses are limited to a maximum of two semesters. They are not eligible for BAföG funding.
In which degree programmes can I take a taster course?
You can be admitted to a taster course for Bachelor’s degree programmes without admission restrictions only.
What are the advantages?
Enrolling for a taster course at FAU has several advantages:
- Participation in selected lectures and seminars
- Insights into university life in Germany
- Study orientation and the opportunity to learn specialist vocabulary
- Access to University services and institutions (e.g. library, semester ticket, student cafeteria)
- Excellent preparation for studying at FAU as a regular student.
Any examinations successfully passed during a taster course can be accredited for a regular degree programme on request.
Prerequisites for participating in taster courses: