FAU INTEGRA ends its activity in December 2022
The Forum for Integration and Intercultural Dialogue FAU INTEGRA says goodbye on December 31, 2022 and thanks all its partners and supporters for their commitment and participation. Refugees can find information on study orientation on the FAU website.
What is a taster course?
Taster courses are offered by FAU in conjunction with the FAU INTEGRA project. The aim of the courses is to integrate refugees into a degree programme at FAU.
Taster courses are open to refugees only and are not regular degree programmes. Participants do not gain any qualifications and the courses are limited to a maximum of two semesters. They are not eligible for BAföG funding.
In which degree programmes can I take a taster course?
You can be admitted to a taster course for Bachelor’s degree programmes without admission restrictions only.
What are the advantages?
Enrolling for a taster course at FAU has several advantages:
- Participation in selected lectures and seminars
- Insights into university life in Germany
- Study orientation and the opportunity to learn specialist vocabulary
- Access to University services and institutions (e.g. library, semester ticket, student cafeteria)
- Excellent preparation for studying at FAU as a regular student.
Any examinations successfully passed during a taster course can be accredited for a regular degree programme on request.
Prerequisites for participating in taster courses:
- Registration with FAU INTEGRA
- Qualifications that entitle you to study in Germany (e.g. university entrance qualification (equivalent to Abitur in Germany), Bachelor’s degree)
- Proof of German language proficiency of at least level B2 according to the CEFR