Starting a career
FAU INTEGRA ends its activity in December 2022
The Forum for Integration and Intercultural Dialogue FAU INTEGRA says goodbye on December 31, 2022 and thanks all its partners and supporters for their commitment and participation. Refugees can find information on study orientation on the FAU website.
A large number of refugees in Germany already have professional experience and academic degrees from their home countries. However, integrating these academically qualified refugees into the German labour market is challenging and they often do not immediately find positions that correspond to their qualifications.
FAU INTEGRA provides a varied programme of support to refugees who have university degrees across all subjects. In addition to obtaining academic qualifications at university, the aim of the programme is to help participants find internships at partner companies thus facilitating their integration into the German labour market.
Which support is available?
FAU offers the following services as part of FAU INTEGRA:
- Individual advice on starting a career
- Assessment of academic degrees from abroad
- Exploring options for future studies and career plans
- Advice on how to continue studying after accreditation of credits earned abroad
- Workshops, seminars, events and coaching sessions about topics relevant to the labour market
- Assistance with finding internships with our regional network of companies
Prerequisites for participating in the supportive services:
- Registration with FAU INTEGRA
- Academic university degree from abroad (certficates incl. translation)
- Beneficial: German language proficiency (B2 according to the CEFR)
The services related to starting a career are financed as part of the ‘PROFI’ Programme – Promoting Professional Integration of Academics with a Refugee Background in the German Labour Market of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) with funds from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research.